Monday, July 26, 2010

Diego Maradona states terms to stay as Argentina boss
Diego Maradona wants to continue as Argentina coach - but only if he can keep his entire backroom staff.

Argentine Football Association president Julio Grondona hopes the 49-year-old will sign a new four-year deal and the pair will meet on Monday.
But Grondona has criticised one of Maradona's assistants, former Argentina defender Oscar Ruggeri.

"If they touch a hair of one of my guys, even if it's the masseur or the kitman, I'm going," insisted Maradona.
"I really want to stay, but it depends on Grondona," the Argentina coach added in an interview with El Show del Futbol on America TV.
"I want to continue the adventure but not with [just] anyone. I chose these people. I want to continue working with them.
"I already asked, and I will continue to ask, that Ruggeri joins me. It's a constant struggle. This is the first thing I will discuss with Grondona."

No comments:

Post a Comment