Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What David Beckham has to say?
I’m back in LA after to flying to Trinidad over the weekend with the 2018 World Cup bid team – in just 65 days, FIFA will announce who will host the World Cup.


For me it’s all about the legacy of The Bid, I’ve seen first hand the power that football has globally. A World Cup in England would not only benefit our country, we will help implement projects and improve facilities in all the FIFA projects around the world.
I’m glad that my Academy will visit each FIFA Confederation every year, should we win the right to host the World Cup.
Last Friday saw one of the biggest MLS matches in the calendar, we played the New York Red Bulls. While I was happy I got another 90 minutes under my belt, I was disappointed with the result, we lost 2-0. We had plenty of the ball and several good chances, it just wasn’t our day.
We’ve already qualified for the Play-Off Finals, which is great news, so we have to take the positives from Friday and kick on from there…and hopefully go one better than last year
http://www.davidbeckham.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment